APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT THE MOMENT
SPyCoDe (Semantic and Cryptographic Foundations of Security and Privacy by Compositional Design) is a special research program funded by FWF .
The security and privacy (S&P) by design principle states that data protection should be considered since the early design of digital technologies, making S&P a cornerstone in digitalization. SPyCoDe aims at creating the technological foundations for designing complex, multi-layer systems with provable S&P guarantees. This goal is highly interdisciplinary, integrating computer-aided verification, system security, and cryptography, and touching on further fields, like networks, game theory, and blockchains. The cornerstone of our approach is the specification and enforcement of S&P at the level of the interfaces between layers in order to establish end-to-end S&P guarantees in a compositional way.
SPyCoDe combines scientific excellence and interdisciplinarity. The team members are world-class researchers, whose prior work in the field led not only to groundbreaking theoretical contributions but also to immediate, large-scale industrial adoption. A unique feature of SPyCoDe is the combination of world-class basic research in a timely topic with immediate, large-scale industrial impact.
Collaborating Research Institutions
- TU Wien
- IST Austria
- Universität Wien
- TU Graz
- Universität Klagenfurt
SPyCoDe offers 14 interdisciplinary and interconnected research projects at the intersection of Cryptography, System Security, and Formal Methods. Each project is led by a PI in collaboration with at least another member of the SPyCoDe faculty.
- Writing a dissertation and publications
- Presentation of research results and participation in scientific events
- Participation in regular events organized by the SPyCoDe
- Internships with our national and international partners
- Collaboration in academic teaching
Required Application Material
- Certificates and transcripts of records (Bachelor and Master)
- English certificate (optional)
- A list of 3 projects you would like to work in, ordered by preference
- Contact of two references
- Completion of a master or diploma curriculum in computer science or another related field (can be in progress, but must be finished before starting the position)
- Experience in Formal Methods, System Security, Security and Privacy, and/or Cryptography
- Very good skills in English communication and writing
- Readiness for interdisciplinary collaboration
- Team competences, problem-solving skills and innovative ability
- Diverse and exciting tasks, with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration
- Continuing personal and professional education and flexible working hours
- A network of top-ranked research institutions
- Very competitive salary
We are committed to build a gender-balanced, diverse scientific community. Female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified. People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply.
Entry level salary as a predoctoral researcher is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, and receives a minimum of currently EUR 2.196,75/month gross, 14 times/year for 30 hours/week and EUR 2.929,00/month for 40 hours/week (about EUR 28.675/year net). Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
In case of any questions, please contact Olha Denisova at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can find the official call at https://tools.spycode.at/recruiting/call/2 .
Please visit https://tools.spycode.at/recruiting/call/2 to submit your application.
The application process is split into three rounds:
In the first round PIs will evaluate your application material. The best candidates will be considered for the second round.
In the second round we will ask for external reviews and PIs will consider them to make a decision concerning the further personal interviews.
In the third round we will perform video interviews with the applicants. The best candidates will receive a job offer.
If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact Olha Denisova at email@example.com .